Learn more about our COVID-19 Health & Safety Procedures.
Infants Program in Wilson, NC
6 weeks- 10 months
In the infant classroom, teachers get to know each infant and his or her unique communication style in order to create a safe and nurturing environment for each child. We strive to create a partnership with parents, and they are extremely involved at the infant level through daily electronic reports with pictures and care taking activities such as bottles, diaper changes, and naps.
- Teachers rotate toys and activities so infants have exposure to a variety of activities, including singing, blocks, dramatic play, and tummy time, and can work on developing skills like language stimulation and fine motor development
- The infant room is a no shoe environment to protect your child’s crawling space
- Infants have the opportunity to develop their gross motor skills through an outdoor shaded soft play area and stroller rides, weather permitting
- Infants are changed every two hours as a minimum, or as needed
- Naps are according to individual needs, and we try to encourage quiet time with lights out and soft music mid-morning and mid-afternoon
- All children are visually supervised during naps
- Each infant will have an individualized feeding schedule that is posted in the classroom in order to meet their needs