Learn more about our COVID-19 Health & Safety Procedures.
Kindergarten in Wilson, NC
5 - 6 years old
The kindergarten programs is based on the Montessori philosophy, and our individualized teaching style is designed to meet each child’s natural curiosity and eagerness to learn. We are certified by the North Carolina Division of Non-Public Education as a legal private school fulfilling the requirements of the compulsory attendance laws of the state of North Carolina.
- Kindergarten students work on enhancing the skills built in preschool, through work areas, games, and more
- Montessori work period is expanded and children have more opportunities to explore areas such as Practical Life, Math, and Language
- Children develop reading and language skills that will be essential for later success
- Computers are accessible in the classroom, and weekly computer lessons will be given by the teacher and/or a computer specialist
- The curriculum is supplemented with physical education, music, and Spanish lessons
- We emphasize STEM learning, with regular science and math activities in the classroom, and field trips to science museums for more extensive experimenting